Dinners that are QUICK and TASTY are the best. This is ticks both of those boxes.
This recipe doesn’t make an authentic soba noodle salad. No, my friend, but it is yummy and it is healthy. And, its quick and easy to make, taking only 30 minutes including Win-win-win 🙂
- 180g soba noodles
- 1 carrot – julienned
- 100g – 200g shiitake mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 3 stalks of spring onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- Olive oil (for frying the mushrooms)
- baby spinach
- edamame beans
- Toast the sesame seeds: Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the sesame seeds. Let it roast, stirring constantly, until a delicious aroma starts coming off it and the seeds begin to get lightly golden. Transfer it to a small bowl and put it aside.
- Return the frying pan to the heat. Add a little bit of oil and the sliced mushrooms and spring onions. Cook on medium-high head until the mushrooms begin to get browned. Add a pinch of salt. If using baby spinach, you can add it now and let it wilt. Remove from heat and transfer the mushrooms to a large bowl.
- Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions. If you are having edamame beans, you can add it to the pot of soba noodles in the last couple of minutes of cooking. Once noodles are done, drain and rinse under cold water. Add it to the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Add the carrots to the bowl of mushrooms and noodles.
- In a small bowl, mix the 2 Tbsp of sesame oil, 1 Tbsp mirin, 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar and 2 Tbsp soy sauce. Add it to the large bowl.
- Finally, add the toasted sesame to the large bowl. Mix everything together and enjoy!