Korean Spinach (Sigeumchi-namul)
Sometimes, I just want to have an easy dinner. But something that is tasty and healthy. This Korean Spinach recipe just hits the spot and I love having it with avocado, sauteed mushrooms, cucumber, rice, soy sauce and miso soup.
|Name||Korean Spinach (Sigeumchi-namul)|
|Serves||4 to 5 people as a side dish|
|Dr. Greger Points||2|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
- 1 bunch of spinach, cleaned and washed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green onion, light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 - 2.5 tsp soy sauce
- 1.5 - 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Add spinach and let boil for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Drain the spinach and run it under cold water.
- Squeeze handfuls of spinach into balls to gently squeeze out the water.
- Cut each ball into roughly 3 parts.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Serve with rice and other toppings such as mushrooms, avocados, cucumber, and some miso soup. Enjoy :)