Creamy Mayo, Dill and Chives Tofu Scramble
I made this tofu scramble today and was blown away by how delicious it was. If I got this at a cafe, I'd want to go back there to get it again and again.
The tofu was creamy, taste and just hit the spot. It's a twist on my original tofu recipe, which was inspired by mum's Indian style scrambled eggs. This new recipe is more like a traditional Western scrambled egg, with chives and dill giving it that extra yumminess.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 500g firm or extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- fresh dill and chives, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp vegan mayonaise
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Heat olive oil in a non stick frying pan over low to medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add the onions and cook until the onions soften.
- Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric, mix well and then add the crumbled tofu, salt and pepper to taste. I used about 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of salt. Mix and fry to tofu for a couple of minutes.
- While the tofu is frying, get a small bowl and mix together the following:
- the remaining 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- smoked paprika
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Add the above to the tofu, mix and let it cook so the tofu can absorb the tastes. Continue cooking until the tofu starts to sort of seal and brown a bit - around 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped dill and chives and mix.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonaise, soy milk and mustard. Add it to the pan along with the nutritional yeast. Mix well and cook until desired consistency is reached.