Satay Peanut Noodles
This dish is just the right amount of hot, spicy & sweet. Perfect for Summer :)
I've tried lots of peanut butter noodles recipes, but didn't find any that hit the spot just right. It would either be too peanut buttery, too sweet, or too salty….
So, I created my own. It's super simple, quick to make, filling and really yummy. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Serves: 2 - 3
- Fresh noodles of your choice (we used 250 grams of flour noodles for 2 people)
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter (we used natural, crunchy peanut butter made with 100% peanuts)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sambal oelek or chilli garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 to 4 Tbsp of warm water
- Optional: fresh grated ginger
- Toppings (optional): cucumber, chopped peanuts, edamame beans, toasted sesame seeds, spring onions
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients (except for the noodles and optional toppings).
- Cook the noodles as per package instructions.
- Mix noodles and sauce together.
- Add toppings and enjoy!